ORDER THE NEW ALBUM NOW!

CLICK THE ALBUM COVER BELOW AND YOU'LL BE REDIRECTED TO PAYPAL TO COMPLETE THE PURCHASE!

(Usually ships within 2 business days)

Here's what the great Shaun Young had to say about the new album with The Modern Sounds

"Several years ago Eddie Clendening exploded on the scene with a sound and beat that was so young, so fresh it was destined to put him in the lead of the new pack of Rock and Roll songsters. In the years that have passed Eddie has shown a special gift for recording music with the big beat that keeps him just a bit ahead of his contemporaries. Well folks I'm here to tell you that when Eddie sent an unmastered dub of this new hot platter down to Texas for my listening and dancing pleasure it was obvious that the "Blue Ribbon Boy" has pulled in the lead again! It's all here friends. Those distinctive Modern Sounds paired with interesting and varied rhythms, a natural feel and his first place voice propelling Eddie Clendening to the top of the heap once more. Congratulations Eddie! on another Blue Ribbon Performance!" Shaun Young Austin Texas

Eddie Clendening Is... Knockin' At Your Heart

Eddie Clendening Is... Knockin' At Your Heart
Brand New Album!

Eddie Clendening Is... The Rage Of The Teen-Age!

Eddie Clendening Is... The Rage Of The Teen-Age!

The Blue Ribbon Boys - Messin' Around E.P.

The Blue Ribbon Boys - Messin' Around E.P.
Available At www.Bigk.com

Rockin' From Outer Space Vol. 3

Rockin' From Outer Space Vol. 3
Space Mobile Compilation LP

Hot Rodders Delight

Hot Rodders Delight
Rhythm Bomb Records Compilation CD

Rockabilly Showdown

Rockabilly Showdown
Rockabilly Magazine Compilation CD

Million Dollar Quartet

Million Dollar Quartet
Broadway Cast Recording

CD Review from the Rockabilly Duke-Box

Wednesday, March 31, 2010
EDDIE CLENDENING
Hi Everybody

I was amazed on two fronts when the postman called this morning. I was waiting for my copy of little Kim & the Alley Apple 3’s new ‘Ridin’ the Rails’ CD, and when I opened the package and saw Eddie Clendening’s new CD I could not curtail my enthusiasm. A great looking gatefold CD cover design, but the best was yet to come. As I played the CD on my way to work I realised why Eddie waited this long to get another CD out. The backing band the’ Modern Sounds’ were worth waiting to record with, and to tell you the truth it’s the first time I’d heard them, but I’ll be keeping tags on them in the future they sure are an amazing band.

The choice of songs is of a very high calibre. Which ones are the original tunes? I remember hearing Eddie sing ‘Knockin’ at Your Heart’ at the Leo’s Hillbilly Hop in north London a couple of years back. It sure is a top tune (one of an album full of real great songs). I am finding it hard to pick out a stand out track, to me they all are. The afore mentioned ‘Knockin’, along with ‘My Baby’s Gone Away’ and ‘Mean Ol’ Frisco’ totally float my boat. I love the arrangement on ‘It’ll Be Me’ with excellent vocals (jumps shouts and hiccups galore) to boot!

I just listened to it again at home, must be the fourth time this evening (and it gets better with each listen). ‘Respectfully Miss Brooks’ (is that a Marty Robbins tune?) and Rusty York’s ‘Sugaree’ are great versions. I could go on but I’ll just be repeating myself. This CD has an amazing 17 tracks of top rock ‘n’ roll and rockabilly (play ‘My Baby’s Gone Away’ and ‘It’ll Be Me’ with the volume turned up full) and well worth pounds, dollars or euros you spend on it.

‘Eddie Clendening is…Knockin’ at Your Heart’, is one of those recordings that makes me believe our music is in very safe hands, and now and in years to come, it will be an album not too far from my music player.

A million dollar, excuse the pun (Eddie plays Elvis in ‘The Million Dollar Quartet’ show in New York) collection of songs from an excellent rock and roll singer supported by an amazingly on the ball (the Modern Sounds) rock and roll band.

Duke